Welcome to Character Counts Question Frames page. The questions/prompts are designed to engage students simultaneously in content and issues of character. These frames are an effective means of initiating journal writing, pair-share, and/or discussion. A teacher only needs to fill in the blanks with his/her relevant curricular piece and the questions are ready to use!
To get started:
- Scan Costa's Three Levels of Questioning (below) to select the appropriate level for your needs.
- Click on the link taking you to the question level of your choice.
- Scroll down the questions to find one relevant to your content.
- Copy question and paste it onto a presentation slide.
- Fill in the missing blanks (name of historical, scientific or literary figure, summary of event, and/or focus pillar).
Costa's Three-Levels of Questioning